HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER – ERBIL (IRAQ) (M/W)
WAHA International BACKGROUND
After conducting exploratory assessments in 2015, WAHA began providing essential health services in regions freed from ISIL control to host and IDP populations in 2016. Project implementation with a focus on health is carried out in Central Iraq and the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I) in close cooperation with the Directorate of Health (DoH) in Erbil, Ninewa, Dohuk, Salah Al Din, the Ministry of Health (MoH) and the local authorities.
- 30%, Assist the finance coordinator to prepare and track project budgets and budget projections; reviews expense reports, vouchers, purchase requests and payment requests, including proper back-up documentation to ensure compliance with established WAHA rules and regulations;
- 15%, Manages procurement/contracts of project supplies, services and goods;
- 15%, Conduct overall logistical and procurement actions in Erbil offices particularly: procurement, property and assets control, supply and warehousing, service/maintenance, transport, mission fleet and contractual agreements;
- 10%, Assist the finance coordinator on day-to-day financial management and accounting;
- 30%, Provides office and Human resource services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies;
Administrative and logistics duties
- Ensure proper functioning of the office;
- Responsible for dealing with day-to-day HR queries;
- Maintains workflow by studying methods and developing reporting procedures;
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems,
forms control, office layout, budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing changes;
- Resolves administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs;
maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques;
- Overseeing the running cost and bills of the Guest house and office;
Human Resource duties
- Advocate and promote a healthy, creative and safe work environment;
- Manage and coordinate all contracts for staff as directed by supervisor;
- Coordinating submission of staff Time sheet with field officers;
- Ensure hire processes are in compliance with the formalities and registration required by local law;
- Manages and updates staff data base;
- Track and Monitor Staff annual leave, sick leave and absences;
- Manage employee relations;
- Coordinate and facilitate employee exit process and archive all required documents;
- Track and monitor Expatriates residence card extensions;
- Monitor proper use and functionality of office equipment by utilizing efficient tracking methods;
- Uploading Staff details on Cost point;
- Pay slip preparation and distribution;
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Languages
- A degree in Business Administration, Finance or any other related field;
- 2 years cognate experience in an INGO setting is an added advantage;
- 2 years cognate experience in humanitarian procurement and logistics;
- Administrative report writing, Organization and analytical skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office packages;
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required, Knowledge of Kurdish is an advantage;
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills;
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive;
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, email and utilization of the internet;
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver strategic objectives;
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations;
- Reporting and writing skills, managing processes;
- Analytical and Problem Solving;
- Inventory control;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programs or services;
This is an Iraq-Kurdistan-based position, and a candidate must be legally authorized to work in Iraq-Kurdistan for any employer without requiring sponsorship.
Please note that due to the urgent need to fill this position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and post will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications should be addressed to the email firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates must state the position they are applying for as the subject of their email, otherwise applications will not be considered.
Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document. The post will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for submission is July 20, 2017.